Staring out
the ocean breathes
now that sound has lost
any sense of relief
how much farther
off course can I be?
So many boxes
with numbers
not one of them graced with ink
to give them merit
please tell me how
how does anyone find a way out of this?
Golden age of communication
yet no one is talking
Speak up...
I carried my head high
for mile after mile
but it all looks the same now
what direction is up?
Speak up...
He and I had grand plans
but time has taken them
through the erosion
you can hardly see where we began
Speak up....
thought I was something
the letters all swore it
Now I still call out to you
but your image is silent
Speak up...
I never meant to
Speak up...
thought I was strong
Speak up...
I never meant to
Speak up...
still have the bottle covered in sand
Speak up.
How much farther off course could I have been?
No comments:
Post a Comment